Temperatures are falling dramatically. We have weathered yet another fun summer of desert heat, which can only mean one thing. Halloween is around the corner. Time to freshen up the front yard with things you probably do not want in your home, like cob webs, spiders, witches, and goblins.
This is the day we elevate the Munsters and the Adams Family to new heights (for those who are uninitiated to these sitcoms, this is for you). Follow the link and if they don’t work press down on paper with vigor. Or if you are on website it will be easier to push.
The Munsters The New Addams Family
Some things to remember as you prepare to dress and send your children into the night. (I heard the scariest customs are Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump).
- Make sure your trick or treater can still see. Between tripping hazards and walking in front of cars, this does not make for a happy time.
- Don't have a costume where the arms and hands are tucked inside the costume. If they fall there is no way to catch yourself. This is from personal experience. My oldest child had one year dressed as an alligator and during the school parade he fell (Poor kid inherited his father's grace and agility traits). His hands and arms were inside the costume since alligators have such short legs (Had to be authentic). Got to visit the nurse's office at school.
- You don't hear too much about this anymore but watch the flammability of your get up. Commercial costumes are required to meet certain standards but it’s better to error on the side of caution. If you go the thrift store way to create your masterpiece, you need to watch anything flimsy and dangly (if there is such a word).
- Know where your little witches and superheroes are going.
- Have them eat all the candy when they get home. This will eliminate future fighting on eating more of their treasured candy haul. It will probably make them sick, which will make going out easier next year and might even make them not want to eat so much sugar in the future (just kidding take this all as a joke please).
If you really want to scare the neighbors, dress conservative and go around as a life insurance sales person. Once they understand what you are dressed like, they will run, slam the door or if they do converse with you, there will be no eye contact. It works every year.
Have fun and be safe.