Some News, Miscues and Menus
Put down that egg nog and figgy pudding because we have some news!!
Congrats to Anthony C. for winning our Toys for Tots contest! Anthony is getting a $50 gift card to use at Amazon.com. Thanks to everyone for helping make our Toys for Tots drive a very successful one this year. Many kind people came in to donate toys for all ages. We were particularly happy to see all the many “tween” girl gifts that everyone was able to focus on this year. Every year we are proud to help raise the holiday sprits of many children out there and are very fortunate to know so many generous people. THANK YOU!
Help Uncle Wilbur bring in his luggage!
It’s that time of year again. You have your chestnuts roasting on that open fire, the egg nog bowl is overflowing and then you hear Uncle Wilbur and Aunt Mildred pulling in the driveway. You have a decision to make. Will you help them bring in luggage or must you finish watching the last episode of your Gilmore Girls marathon? Every year injuries related to carrying luggage are one of the top holiday accidents. Make this holiday season a safe one by avoiding these common holiday accidents.
Dipping is Fun!
You just remembered grandma told you to bring a dessert this year to help with the Christmas dinner! Oh no! Don’t worry it’s not too late because we are here to help. Luckily, we have the perfect recipe to aid your procrastination and make grandma happy. It’s so easy a cave man could do it! (har har). This gingerbread dip is sure to please and bring those relatives dipping for more.
Have a Safe and Happy Holiday Season everyone! Enjoy!
Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip Recipe Type : Dessert Courtesty of : http://foodfolksandfun.net/2013/12/gingerbread-cheesecake-dip/ Author: A Food, Folks and Fun Original!
Prep time: 5 mins Total time: 5 mins Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip for your next holiday party or get together!
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 Tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- 4 oz Cool Whip (or 1½ cups freshly whipped cream)
- Graham crackers for serving
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the sugars and molasses and beat on medium speed until smooth and combined, about 1 minute.
- Next add the ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg and mix until combined.
- Finally, add the Cool Whip and beat until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer dip to a serving bowl and chill until ready to serve. Serve with graham crackers. Dip can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.